Rotate and Shift it.

-Aug 25-
I think it’s about time I update you on my hectic life in Shanghai.  Since last time, I did move departments from Sponsorship into CEO Operations – Special Projects, mainly doing office management and other good stuff. I did get sick, and about time huh? However, after two days I have begun to recover, but still have a nasty “Shanghai lung” cough.


CEO Operations covers all events occurring under the precedence of the CEO plus the office operations, including weekly Wal-Mart runs, getting people into the expo, expo transportation for the commissioner general and CEO, etc...  Sadly, these are my last few days in the office (unless a miracle occurs and Operations and the CEO let me stay, ha). My next rotation is in Pavilion Operations meaning that I will be welcoming 50,000 visitors every day, dealing with children peeing on the carpet, guests passing out from the heat… you get the picture. 

Outside of work, I’ve relaxed a bit more, gone to the fabric market to get a blazer made, visited Saudi Arabia pavilion (!) and South Korea pavilion, celebrated a friend’s birthday, and went to the FIRST EVER WWE event in China. Guess what, I was 10 feet away from John Cena. Yes! My high school dream came true and OMG it was fantabulous. Photos are definitely necessary in this case.

Rachel's bday at Cantina Agave.


Rachel's bday bash at Muse.

Char and America's Best Dance Crew season 3: Rhythm City.

Char and I at the Israel Pavilion party: Fill up my cup, Mazal Tov!

On top of the Saudi Arabia pavilion. VIP access, baby!

Having fun in the S. Korea Pavilion.

Brazil Party!

John Cena WWE @ Expo culture center.

-Aug 30- 
Today was my first day in Operations (downstairs).  I am no longer in the office, instead I am welcoming thousands of Chinese people a day.  During my 7 hour shift approximately 25,000 expo attendees come through the USA pavilion doors.  I was fortunate to have my first rotation include "overture", "turnstiles" and "act II: urban garden".  I was overwhelmed to begin with, but made the most of my day and practically had a 7 hour party. 

I wish there were photos of me in Overture and Turnstiles since we invited some kids to dance with us at turnstiles to Lady Gaga - of course. 


Also, in overture, I shook hands with Israel's ex-prime minister, Ehud Olmert. He complimented my overture speech with Kate. LIFE AT THE EXPO!!!

--
This past weekend we went all out by dancing, eating, and more dancing. It was a wild one- a fun way to end office life.
Expo party at Club Mao.

1 Response to "Rotate and Shift it."

  1. Arturius says:
    August 30, 2010 at 5:32 PM

    Thanks to you, Cassie, and the other student ambassadors for the service you are doing in behalf of the American people. Without your efforts, the USA Pavilion would simply be a collection of corporate advertising. You guys are a token of our culture. The USA Pavilion could have been done a whole lot better, but without y'all, for sure, it would have been worse.

Post a Comment